Thursday, February 24, 2005

Kids do the darndest things

Last week, my boyfriend and I went to eat dinner at his landlord's place. His landlord's 5 year-old granddaughter, Evi was also there, and decided she wanted to draw a picture of me with crayons.

She looks at me intently and starts sketching my blue sweater first. Then she takes the orange crayon to make a round circle for my face. She peers at my face, taking in my eyes and my hair, and my earrings. She takes a light blue crayon to fill in my eyes, and then a yellow crayon for my hair. But before starting on my hair, she looks again, and then decides to to take a brown crayon. She made a few streaks with the brown close to what was supposed to be my head. And then she picked up the yellow crayon again, and finished the picture with longer strokes. I took that as a sign that my roots have to be done again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

HA!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home