Wednesday, March 23, 2005

This made me snort with derision

I was just reading this post at the Iraqi Patriot. Ahmed criticizes those who would like to see Iraq fail, just to spite Bush.

But this was the thing that made me laugh, a comment by a BBC reader that Ahmed referenced:

I hate to say this to Iraqis, but I pray for chaos and civil war: it's the only way to stop Bush's policies and show that peace can never come through force. If Iraq gets peace, Bush wins credibility. It cannot be allowed to happen.
Nina, Toronto Canada

It's like she doesn't understand, if things work out in Iraq, it means that peace CAN come through force, so why is she clinging on to her theory that peace can NEVER come through force? I mean, it is a theory that has been disproved time and time again. She can prefer another theory, but she can't just discredit peace through force, because she doesn't like it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I agree with ya here ValleyGirl.

As much as I dislike Bush, and as much as I think he has screwed things up, I would never ever want America to fail just so I could get pleasure knowing that Bush failed also. I think people like that are sicko's.

Peace has come from force more times than not.

Canada wouldn't know anything about force or defense because we provide it all for them.

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home