Sunday, December 23, 2007

Without further ado...

...I present the wedding pics:




My absolutely adorable nieces serving as flower girls.






My parents and me before the ceremony.



Echanging vows.













Our Harlequin romance novel cover.




The photographer took about 50 shots of me in various poses, which all looked really nice, but they didn't look like me. This one of me brushing the hair out of my face (it was unbelievably windy, my veil was like a helicopter blade, whirling around in circles) looked pretty natural.







Cupcakes instead of cake: when doing the wedding planning I was lamenting the price of cake cutting service from the caterers: it was going to be something like $2.50 a person. So my then fiance just said: "well, why don't we have cupcakes then?" See, those great ideas are why I married him...;-)

A friend from inside the computer and friends from "real life": Sarah and two of my "real life" friends.

I wanted the decorations to reflect a wedding in Hawaii, so the florist came up with this great idea: giant leaves as place settings. I loved it.


We had a tiny cake to cut on top of the cupcake pyramid (which I made and upholstered myself I will have you know...the pyramid, not the cake). My husband doesn't much like sweets, but he really liked this cake, which is a real tribute to the baker. She made it with a mango coconut filling. And it wasn't overly sweet.



This was one of the entrees. I wish I had more photos of the food. There were a few things that were really important for me while planning the wedding: good wedding cake, a great bar, and amazing food. And wow, the caterers really did well. Everything was amazing.



Our first dance.


So there we go, folks. That was the wedding. Great fun, but married life has been even better.

13 Comments:

Blogger Only $19.95 said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for the pics! *finally*

Congratulations, again! I've been married for over 7 years and it doesn't seem like it. It goes fast when you're having fun.

When I was married to my ex, though, every single day was an eternity. HAHA

You guys look great together! That's important, you know. I meet people all the time where I wonder what the deal is; they look so mismatched.... But not this time!!!

YAY!!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

A BIG congratulations! Your wedding looks gorgeous!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Absolutely wonderful! The entire thing. You did an outstanding job of pulling it together. Terrific pictures. Congratulations!

6:10 AM  
Blogger StoicMom said...

Congratulations. It looks beautiful. Now, take good care of that soldier. His kind are few and far between.

1:14 PM  
Blogger airforcewife said...

Your taste is amazing. Maybe you should decorate my house. :)

10:12 PM  
Blogger Household6 said...

THANK YOU for sharing! Sarah's photos just weren't enough to look at.

Merry Christmas to you and the new DH!

2:19 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Absolutely gorgeous: you, your husband, the wedding -- your dress! Congratulations :)

I was so psyched to see you had some new posts after not checking in for awhile.

BTW -- this is Liz of I Still Sleep with my Blankie -- that blog has stopped (still with my awesome bf -- who is back in Iraq), but started a new blog after finding out I had some food related health issues.

Hope to hear more from you! Congrats, again!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

Well praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!! I was beginning to think my imaginary friend had an "imaginary wedding".

Glorious photos, indeed, and who would have thought banana leaves could look so beautiful on a table, if I did it, it would look like my 4 year old did it!

What a wonderful day, and Congratulations to the REAL couple indeed.

God's Blessings to you both.

10:13 PM  
Blogger MQ said...

Soo beautiful!!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Awesome girl, congrats!

3:20 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

What a beautiful collection of photographs...your parents are stunning, btw!

You and your soldier are breathtaking and my stomach is officially growling after seeing all that food...especially the cupcakes! :) Good idea!

Congratulations again...so happy for you!

3:57 PM  
Blogger JayJayGhatt said...

awwwwwww!!!!

GORGEOUS!!! i loved the cupcakes. you looked great! and everything looked simply PERFECT!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Hi! I don't know you but I just wanted to say congratulations!! I came across your blog when I was searching for information on dealing with the deployment of my boyfriend and wallah your blog came up. It really helps to know there are others who have been through this before and everything turned out. Thank you so much for documenting your experience.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home