Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Drumroll, please....

Our newborn prince:

Doesn't he look serious? Doesn't take much after mom or dad then...perhaps he will develop a sense of humor in the next couple of weeks or months...with parents like us, he better...

So this is a blog post nine months in the making literally.

There was one thing I didn’t want for my 30th birthday: I did not want to be a mother yet. I wanted to be able to enjoy the day on my terms. Turns out my son already has great manners: not only did he follow those wishes, he also comes early than expected to important events. Although he wasn’t expected until this Thursday, he decided to make his debut into the world last Friday, a belated 30th birthday present Mom was very happy to get!

For many of you, this post is kind of bewildering, because it sounds like I had a baby on Friday, and I never mentioned I was pregnant. Well, that is the case: just a few weeks after being married, my husband and I found out that we were going to be parents just 9 months after being married: we have one of those honeymoon babies. I just wanted to savor the moment and experience, and I never really got around to posting about it.

Being a parent is still very surreal. I can’t believe that the little squirming cutie is mine. Or that I am a mother and my husband is a father (an awesome one, by the way: I call him the human pacifier). And it’s great watching the dog adapt to this new family member. It’s an adventure for sure. So here are a few pics from the past few days:



Susie sensed that something was up and went to go lay in my suitcase that I was packing for the hospital...yes, ladies and gentlemen, I waited until going into labor to pack that suitcase...good thing we live close to the hospital, so my husband was able to bring me things I had forgotten.




She even placed one of her bones in the suitcase, thinking maybe if she packed something from her we would take her...and I believe this is her attempt at making it impossible for us to go without her...like I would have to zip the suitcase closed with her in it.


Less than 4 hours at the hospital and I was already a mother...this child is already making things easy on mom.




Snoozing with Dad, who is the best swaddler/diaper changer/cuddler evah!


So the newest family member is Susie approved. She is a little bewildered by it all, and wants to lick him, but is confused by his lack on interest or engagement with her...that will change in the future though.

So, now this blog is now officially the dog and baby blog...

19 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! I was so confused at first, trying to figure out if it was a nephew -- but nope. I love the full head of hair; just completely adorable and his little serious face. From reading you as military gf, to wife, and now to mom -- I am just so happy for you!

And I sure don't mind that it's the dog and baby blog -- those are two of my favorite things.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

What's his name?

1:08 AM  
Blogger airforcewife said...

He's gorgeous! Leave it to you to have a gorgeous baby who doesn't even look all smooshed like a newborn.

1:46 AM  
Blogger MQ said...

Wow, you are good at keeping secrets! Congratulations!!

3:16 AM  
Blogger ThatBeeGirl said...

he's beautiful! congratulations!

3:26 AM  
Blogger calista said...

Congratulations! He's gorgeous and sweet :)

4:52 AM  
Blogger Butterfly Wife said...

Congratulations! Best wishes to you all. :D

1:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wooo-hooo! I just got internet, and I was wondering if you had any news! How wonderful! I'm so happy for you guys! He's perfect! And you are going to be such fun parents--good ones, too! :)

L

4:20 PM  
Blogger Guard Wife said...

What a handsome little man!! :)

So cute.

Congratulations!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Billie said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! He is suuuuuch a cutie! You're looking great, too :).

Hope you're getting some rest!!

4:14 AM  
Blogger Only $19.95 said...

I feel a lot sad that you didn't share before now -- but a TON happy for you!!! He's beautiful! And, of course, I want all the details! Did you have au natural ou cesarean? It was fast, ja? His head is so round! :)

And yes, Qu'est-ce c'est le nom du petit fils??? Is that the worst french ever?? HAHA

Le Big Mac.

I'm absolutely tickled for you!!!

5:36 AM  
Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

He's so adorable! I mean, seriously, such a cute baby and I'm so glad that all is going well so far!!!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Congratulations!!! No wonder you weren't blogging much - hard to keep that a secret. *grin*

It will now be about 20 years before you can get into the bathroom without being interrupted... LOL. What a little cutie.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Congratulations! He's very handsome. I've often thought that when I decide the time is right for baby that I will do just as you did...as far as keeping it on the down low. I'm so excited for you and your husband!

3:40 AM  
Blogger StoicMom said...

Dang Woman! As a newly-appointed southerner, you are not allowed to keep secrets, at least not from your southern sisters. But shoot, congratulations anyway. He is beautiful. Boys are so much fun, and when the time comes, Dad gets to explain the birds and the bees. I'm only sorry you waited so late in life to have him...you'll need all the youth you can muster from now on, but I am sure you will be fine.

Wow, talk about making all the other blogs boring. Shazam!

3:29 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow! That is awesome. Congratulations! We are working on a baby of our own. Great news CVG.

5:31 PM  
Blogger kbug said...

Wow, you certainly have had alot happen in the past year. Congrats on such a cutie patootie. My Army boy and his wife are expecting a boy in September, which is really exciting for them...and for me. There's just one problem, he just deployed to Iraq for a second tour and will miss the birth...and most of his son's first year. That pains me, but as long as he comes home safely, it will all be good. Give that baby a squeeze for me...:)

6:59 PM  
Blogger liberal army wife said...

congratulations.. now would you like a job keeping secrets, cause you SO aced the interview!

LAW

2:47 AM  
Blogger dcat said...

Congrats!

Oh how neat! And he is a Gemini! Oh no! Do you have an idea what he will be like? ;)

Well I never was a mom but hubby and I have a dog now she was born on the 11th of June and she is a Gemini too! Ugh just like me there is a stubborn streak with lots and lots of independence! Well she was potty trained at 10 weeks!!! So don’t fret there are positive things. LOL

Ok well just stopped in after months of not so surprised and hubby is home and you guys look very happy! Stay that way!

Go McCain and Palin!

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home