Thursday, February 10, 2005

There are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots

I am a little tired of stupid questions.

A great source of mental anguish is Ted Kennedy. That guy is just so full of stupid questions and comments, that it would provide enough material for an entire blog.Last week, he rhetorically asked an audience at the University of Massachusetts, "If America can train the best military in the world in 13 weeks, why can't we train the Iraqis in eight or 12 or 15 months to fight and die for their country?" Um, there are so many things wrong with that question, I don’t even know where to start. But let me just counter with this: well, if we give a group of people a training course in operating Windows, they should then be able to run Microsoft Corp. by the end of it.

Michael Moore also never fails to make me go, huh? Like this exchange between Michael Moore and Bill O’Reilly back at the DNC in 2004:


MOORE: So, you would sacrifice your child to secure Fallujah? I want to hear you say that.
O'REILLY: I would sacrifice myself..
MOORE: Your child? It’s Bush sending the children there.
O'REILLY: I would sacrifice myself.
[...]
MOORE: Say, “I, Bill O’Reilly, would sacrifice my child to secure Fallujah.”
O'REILLY: I’m not going to say what you say, you’re a, that’s ridiculous…


Okay...now, it seems like Moore had O’Reilly cornered, because O’Reilly wouldn’t say he would sacrifice his child to secure Fallujah. Instead of the correct conclusion: no parent wants to sacrifice their children, Moore prefers to see in O’Reilly’s refusal, that O’Reilly doesn’t think the cause is worth the death of his child. Imagine asking any parent, if they want their child to go to war. No matter how supportive a loving parent is of the cause of a war, they won’t want to sacrifice their child. I am sure that if you had asked any parent during WWII, if they were willing to sacrifice their child for the invasion of Europe, they would have been reticent to answer. It has less to do with a lack of belief in the cause, than the tugging at parental heart-strings.

Okay...that’s about all I want to waste on this, but I found this funny link along the same lines:
Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions (or Comments):
The rest of the world doesnt like us anymore:
- Oh I know!, thats why everyone, everywhere is trying to come here.

Iraq is just like Vietnam:
-Yeah, I remember when our troops invaded North Vietnam and captured Ho Chi Mihn and put him on trial for war crimes, and then turned sovereignty over the the Vietnamese in less than a year. You're right, the parallels are striking.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sminklemeyer said...

I hate Moore. I bet he never gets laid.

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home