Saturday, March 26, 2005

This chick rocks!

Just found a blog by a female medic who will be heading to Iraq soon, and wants to document her experiences online. In one of the first posts she explains the story behind her joining the Army:

I was a Director of Operations for a Pharmaceutical company when 9-11 happened. I made pretty good money (obviously), but I really questioned what I had done for my country in keeping it and my children safe. My husband had served in the Air Force a decade ago, and we always encouraged our two teenage sons that they needed to serve in the military for atleast one enlistment. But, although my husband had served, I felt I could not justify my opinions since I had not served when I was younger. So.... One day I sat down with my husband, told him my feelings, and that I wanted to join the Army at 33 years old. And so the journey began.

Man...she's almost giving me ideas...lol. I can't wait to hear more from her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home