Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The French are just...

...I can't find words.

If you were going to have a publically funded campaign for AIDS awareness, would your posters look like this?

Linda has more on that.

And while you're there, you have to check out her post, on some teenage punks burning flags in America:

Why burn flags and set firebombs? Well, they told deputies they burned the flags because they are anarchists and don't agree with several U.S. government policies, including the war in Iraq.

"I hate Americans," one of them told a deputy, according to reports.

Hmmm...clearly sounds to me like someone is slacking on their parental duties.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You should really be asleep.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Household6 said...

She's not the only one who couldn't sleep last night. It must be catchy...like yawning.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I treasure this ad that I tore out of a French magazine once. It's an ad for low-rent student housing, and it shows two college-aged kids having sex in bed in between their frumpy parents, with the title "Some people like to think that students don't need their own apartments...Marie and Antoine, 22 and 23 yrs old, both live with their parents." I always show that ad in my English classes when we're talking about how advertisements are a reflection of society's values. Ha!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home