Monday, November 07, 2005

Four Seasons


Christy's husband, Ryan, came home Friday....I am waiting with bated breath for photos. And in December more guys will be returning home. Watching other women's men coming home is almost like unpacking the Christmas decorations...the anticipation...soon my soldier will be on his way too (everything becomes so relative after a while...after almost 9 months, 3 months is "soon").

I spent part of last week at my boyfriend's place. His lives in a cute little town, about a three hour drive from where I live, surrounded by fields and forest. Since he has been gone I have seen the place go through many different seasons: I watched the snow melt, and spring arrive. Then summer came and I was able to enjoy BBQing on his balcony. And this past week I had the heating turned on, and watched leaves fall off the trees.

When I left his apartment this time, I unplugged the fridge, turned off the water heater, bundled up the trash, and closed the door with the knowledge that the next time I go there will probably be just a few days before he returns. On the drive home I realized I had left two apples on the counter in his kitchen...so I will have that decomposed mess to look forward to.

Only one more season to go through...

3 Comments:

Blogger Household6 said...

Can you call the Landlord and have him go throw the stuff out? I'd hate to see the science experiment otherwise...

Shorttimer! :-)~

HH6

1:39 PM  
Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

I could, but it's not that grievous...I think they will just shrivel and dry up. (Hoping and praying that is...lol)

5:54 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Lovely photo you took - very nice.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home