Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Dilbert Blog

I usually don't give a rat's a** about entertainers' political opinions. There are however a few exceptions to that. The first is of course, the South Park crew. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are always so succinct and “sense making” in their political satire. I mean, just a few weeks ago I downloaded “The Cartoon Wars”. It was a great parody over the Mohamed cartoons. After watching that I was thinking that South Park should be mandatory viewing for Americans. Just to get people thinking. The Daily Show is similar, but of course I like South Park better, 'cos it's funnier, and more irreverent.

And the other entertainer near and dear to my heart is Scott Adams, Dilbert creator. He has a blog on which he writes about anything he wants, and lately he has been writing a lot about politics. And although every post is incredibly funny, the posts are usually quite good at summing things up.

Like this one about consiracy therories:

My favorite conspiracy theory is the one that says the world is being run by a handful of ultra-rich capitalists, and that our elected governments are mere puppets. I sure hope it’s true. Otherwise my survival depends on hordes of clueless goobers electing competent leaders. That’s about as likely as a dog pissing the Mona Lisa into a snow bank.

The only way I can get to sleep at night is by imagining a secret cabal of highly competent puppetmasters who are handling the important decisions while our elected politicians debate flag burning and the definition of marriage.

Or this one about political activists at the Running of the Bulls in Spain:


The part that got my attention is that hundreds of animal rights activists always attend to protest. Many of the female activists protest by going topless and running with the bulls. That’s right: In order to make this event LESS popular, the female activists take off their tops and jog in front of onlookers.

Keep in mind that this is a crowd of people who hope to see bystanders get gored before the animals are all stabbed to death. I hate to categorize people, but which of these items do you think would have the best chance of discouraging folks that enjoy watching bulls get stabbed?

1. Classical music
2. Poetry reading
3. Tits

The thing that frustrates me most is that when I make people mad with my comic or blog, all they ever do is send angry e-mails. I never get the naked female activists jogging in front of my office. Apparently you have to stab animals to get the VIP treatment.

Other faves are: Flag Burning, the 20th 9/11 hijacker, and terrorists.

Don't always agree with him, but I enjoy his articles a darn sight more than many from so-called political analysts.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

That's hysterical! I love the 1,2,3....no kidding!

9:18 PM  
Blogger MQ said...

Those are hilarious! But man, Dilbert gets some pretty serious replies for such funny commentary...

12:32 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Man, we just watched the Cartoon Wars tonight, and can I say how MAD I am at Comedy Central? WTF? Did they even watch the episode before they aired it? They looked like complete idiots for censoring the show; now that's irony at its worst!!!

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home