Sunday, February 17, 2008

Puppy!

So my husband and I finally got our puppy. We had been talking about getting one after the wedding, but never got around to it. There was always a reason not to get it. We went on our belated honeymoon in January (roadtrip to Florida) and I have been on a trip home since then. And this was the first weekend we were both home since then, so we went to the dog shelter...and look what we found:




I wanted a smaller dog (and by that, I was nixing the Lab my husband wanted). He has never had a dog, and I grew up with them, so I have a little more of an idea about the work that is involved with having a dog...so I had to put my foot down when it came to choosing the size. But we both fell in love with this little girl: she is a Boston Terrier/Beagle mix. And she is the runt of the litter...so I am hoping she won't get too big. And she has the sweetest demeanor, but is still quite playful.

We get to pick her up Monday from the vet's office after she has been fixed. So this evening was spent at Petsmart and Walmart buying supplies. Monday afternoon just can't come quick enough!

4 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Aw... that's so wonderful. May you have many excellent years with her.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

What a beautiful dog! Congratulations on finding her & for bringing her home...can't wait to watch her grow in photos.

What is her name??

4:05 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Geez I love puppies. She's too cute! I admire your doggie wisdom (recognizing how much work they require and choosing accordingly)...I never had my own dog growing up because my mother has severe allergies to pet hair and didn't exactly have a good grasp on the amount of work required by a large dog. Actually, Lucy is classified as a "medium-breed" dog at 60 lbs but I say she has a very LARGE presence! Lol...Enjoy your adorable new addition. :)

11:57 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Congratulations on the new "baby!" No doubt there will be plenty of fun at your place!

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home