Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Dog/Baby Blogging

Yesterday my husband was holding the baby, while the baby was standing. And the baby really delights in playing: "Give me 10!" He doesn't really understand, but I mini slap both his hands, and he squeals with delight. So I was doing this yesterday, while kneeling on the floor:

"Give me 10!" - slap baby's little hands. Baby squeals and laughs. And this was repeated about three times.

Susie the dog is pretty jealous of the baby, if I have him in my lap, she will often come over and lay on my lap between the baby and me...it's pretty obvious.

So yesterday, she walks over, sits, and scooches over so she is sitting right next to the baby, and when I said: "Give me 10!", she raises both her paws.

Needless to say, she got a "High 10!" and a treat... (we had previously taught her High 5! (single paw up in the air) and shake hands (single paw extended out)...but I guess, she figured out the the "Give me 10!" as jealously is an incentive. Funny dog...

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

Looks like you guys have a new training incentive for Susie! Once Baby starts walking maybe Susie will walk on her two hind legs too! :)

6:33 PM  
Blogger The Local said...

The possibilities are endless here
really. Okay Susie! You want most
favored 'child' status? Take out
the trash. That's right..drag the
bags to the curb...good girl!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Guard Wife said...

That doggie is a smart cookie!

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home