Wednesday, March 30, 2005

"Half My Heart is in Afghanistan" Thong?

Because my boyfriend is deployed to Afghanistan, I have the sudden desire to show my support and remind everyone I meet that my boyfriend is there. It's pathetic... seriously...I was at the supermarket buying stuff for a care-package for him, and I told one of the employees there. I go to the post office to send him a letter, I have the tell them too. If there is any possibility, I will mention it. And this is a fun game in Germany, because people get a really bewildered look on their face, and ask me, what in God's name is he doing there? Yeah, I feel really sorry for the few German NATO soldiers who are over there, because it doesn't seem like many Germans are very aware of any military involvement over there.

I digress. It gets really tiring trying to figure out ways to mention his deployment all the time, so I am very thankful for the "Half My Heart is in Afghanistan" products. Like this magnet. Or this tank top.

But I think I draw the line here. I think the point of these products is voicing your pride and support to others, and somehow I think that if anyone was seeing my underoos that would kind of mean that I wasn't a supportive girlfriend, n'est pas?

But they are kinda cute...

3 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

hehehehehehe I thought the exact same thing when I saw the thong. I bought myself a mug and a shirt, and I was thinking the panties were pretty cute, but the only person who's going to see them is Matt, and when such an event takes place "half my heart" will be in my pants and not Afghanistan.

Oh boy...that was too much huh? hahahaha...errr.

2:31 AM  
Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

Don't worry...those were my thoughts exactly...;-)

9:14 AM  
Blogger Special Forces Alpha Geek said...

If I read the instructions right, I *think* you're supposed to take a picture of yourself in them and send that to your boyfriend in Afghanistan - and then wear them when he gets home.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home