Wednesday, March 30, 2005

"Half My Heart is in Afghanistan" Thong?

Because my boyfriend is deployed to Afghanistan, I have the sudden desire to show my support and remind everyone I meet that my boyfriend is there. It's pathetic... seriously...I was at the supermarket buying stuff for a care-package for him, and I told one of the employees there. I go to the post office to send him a letter, I have the tell them too. If there is any possibility, I will mention it. And this is a fun game in Germany, because people get a really bewildered look on their face, and ask me, what in God's name is he doing there? Yeah, I feel really sorry for the few German NATO soldiers who are over there, because it doesn't seem like many Germans are very aware of any military involvement over there.

I digress. It gets really tiring trying to figure out ways to mention his deployment all the time, so I am very thankful for the "Half My Heart is in Afghanistan" products. Like this magnet. Or this tank top.

But I think I draw the line here. I think the point of these products is voicing your pride and support to others, and somehow I think that if anyone was seeing my underoos that would kind of mean that I wasn't a supportive girlfriend, n'est pas?

But they are kinda cute...

2 Comments:

Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

Don't worry...those were my thoughts exactly...;-)

9:14 AM  
Blogger Special Forces Alpha Geek said...

If I read the instructions right, I *think* you're supposed to take a picture of yourself in them and send that to your boyfriend in Afghanistan - and then wear them when he gets home.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home