Thursday, April 14, 2005

Irony

In a little over a week, an old friend of mine will be getting married.

Last week I bought a little black blazer to go with a black skirt I already have. The blazer has a nice embroidered detailing around the edges in many colors. As I was buying the blazer at the cash register, I realized how sombre I was going to look despite the colored detailing, dressed all in black at the wedding. So I dashed away from the register and grabbed a pastel purple shawl. In explanation to the cashier I said: "I am going to a wedding, not a funeral."

Well fate should have it, that I will wear that blazer first at a memorial this weekend, before I wear it at the wedding for which it was intended.

1 Comments:

Blogger Porkchop said...

I find myself wearing much black, all the time. It's classic, right? So WHY can't we wear it to weddings?

I like black. Maybe it is a unconcious indication of a mental state.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home