Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I don't know whether to laugh...

...or find it incredibly depressing. I just got an email from the FRG (Family Readiness Group for those of you non-military initiated) looking for volunteers for an upcoming event. At the top of the email it asked:

Want More Excitement than watching your plants grow?

Bored with TV-ReRuns?

On the one hand it's amusing, but on the other hand it's like: Well, since all the soldiers are gone, you guys must just be sitting on your butts staring at the wall-paper, because you obviously only have a life when they are here.

Albeit, I am sure there are a few people who do fit this description. However, I found it pretty ironic coming from an organization who is constantly preaching "keep yourself busy" to assume that most people aren't.

2 Comments:

Blogger Household6 said...

I don't like the content either. I was an FRG Leader and that's kinda rude for an opening. Yes, there are folks that don't leave post - ever! But, there are those like me who do.

The best one I heard was three complaints about planning a fall festival for the kids during a FTX (field training exercise). I was asked why are we planning something while the spouses are in the field? Uh, because that's the point, you know get you out of the house in familiar surroundings in case you are a post dweller? I felt like saying, "...And here's your sign."

Household6

1:37 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

You gotta laugh, you just have to, when you come across these type of things in life. The stress just isn't worth it to waste on this type of silliness:)

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home