Sunday, August 28, 2005

Payback!

Yesterday at the video store where I have had past experience with slight anti-American sentiment, I rented yet another DVD of CSI. I was trying to get the correct change out and some quarters fell out that were still in my purse since coming back from America last week. My friend joked, "well, you can pay in dollars."

And the clerk behind the counter snipped: "we don't accept such an instable currency."

I chuckled, not at all offended, and not really thinking replied: "yeah, Saddam Hussein also insisted on getting paid in Euros towards the end, because he thought that would insult America."

The rest of my transaction passed in silence, and although I have to admit I am slightly embarassed that I essentially compared the video store clerk to Saddam Hussein, I am proud at my diss.

4 Comments:

Blogger Household6 said...

I like the dig, it was funny.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Only $19.95 said...

What's up with the freakin acid comments?

You possess that timing thing! I am so jealous! I can NEVER have comebacks that spontaneous. I always have to think about it, then kick myself later for what I could have said. I have had a couple zingers, though, for situations that bothered me continuously.... It makes you feel so good!!!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Screw the spam.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Like IraqCad - I can never think of the excellent riposte until after I've left... that was an outstanding one! *grin*

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home