Friday, August 19, 2005

IraqCad is going to Iraq

...And she promises to keep blogging:

I want to go there. I want to be a part of it. I believe in our service and I believe in our forces. I know that our missions are the MOST humane in the world and every soldier, Marine, seaman and airman is trained to REACT, not INCITE. I know that the water in my canteen is for my victim, not myself. I have sat behind my desk, in my air conditioned office. I haven't been deployed, though I have had to pull some pretty amazing Force Protection (HOO-AH). I am qualified on my weapon, but just in case. I want to go. I want to go. No one is forcing me. The decision was made with the best of intentions - not to screw anyone over.

A soldier on TV (and dammit, I don't know his name or what show) said that he was going over there to serve honorably, and regardless of HOW he came home, he would return alive or not with HONOR. I feel the same way.

If MY Air Force helps only ONE woman learn how to read. If we give hope to ONE child. If ONE man can sleep soundly without fear. I want to go.

These liberals talk about humanity. I'd like to see one of this fuckin people put on a burqua and go into the heat. One day. Just one. Let's talk about humanity. I could go on and on.... But I won't.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sminklemeyer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:52 AM  
Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

Positive? Well, I guess she isn't negative. But she certainly isn't happy-go-lucky. I am sure she is just as afraid as anyone would be, but I think she would also like to have the sense of honor and pride in service that you have, Sminks.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Liberals are human too.

7:49 PM  
Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

Sminks...you didn't have to delete the comment...gees...lol.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Only $19.95 said...

Hey! I missed it! What did the Sminks-meister say and delete?

I never said that liberals weren't human. They think of themselves as way more humane than the conservatives, though, and I don't think that's necessarily true.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Household6 said...

I went and read the whole post and I liked it. My spouse's mom went all nutty like that too. I don't think she truly understood or understands what her son does for a living. She asked him if he couldn't just quit and get a new job??

HH6

8:46 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Sorry Adidas, I said that while smiling. You are abosolutely correct about Liberals being hypocritical in that regard.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home