Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My boyfriend's landlords...

...are the nicest people evah!

They have sent my boyfriend 3 care packages since he has been deployed. I know soldiers who get less from their own families.

As a courtesy, so they don't worry when they suddenly hear noises coming from upstairs, I will call them ahead of time, to tell them I will be arriving. When I got into the apartment, it was toasty warm, because they had turned on the heating in anticipation of my coming.

After I arrived, their son, who lives upstairs with his family, came downstairs to show me how the new internet TV works (they have hooked my boyfriend up with cable access, which they have now upgraded to some super system).

Then he asked me if I wanted him to hook my laptop up to the local area network. Yes, please!

And this afternoon the doorbell rang, and I dragged my butt up from a lazy afternoon watching CSI. I opened the door to the landlords standing there with a bouquet of flowers wishing me a Happy Valentine's Day. I could almost cry...



I then told them the news about my boyfriend's imminent arrival, and the the landlord declared he would have to uncover my boyfriend's truck (which the landlord, not my boyfriend, covered with a dust tarp after my bf deployed), wash it, and charge up the battery, because it was surely empty after standing for so long.

They are truly sweethearts.

Happy Valentine's Day!

12 Comments:

Blogger ThatBeeGirl said...

Wow, your bf sure has an awesome landlord!

2:07 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

What sweet people! But I guess what goes around comes around, right? =)

Happy V-Day to you too!

5:20 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Wow. It is hard to find people like that anymore. Your bf is blessed to have land lords like that. Happy Valentine's Day.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Only $19.95 said...

Dang! Those are some nice Germans! I wish that I had encountered more of them than the cold pickled herrings I usually ran into. Of course, I lived in US Army housing. That could have been some of it. I am so excited for you!!!

Speaking of nice Germans, did I ever tell you about the time we went to the bistro in Ulm? The chef found out that there were Americans in his establishment and he came out to have a schnapps with us. He found out that I was Air Force and that my husband was former Army.... The chef brought out a stuffed bunny for my daughter and gave us a signed picture of the German ship that he served on.... I was so shocked by his hospitality! Then again, it was after 8PM. He was probably drinking Hefe listening to John Denver's 'Country Roads.'

Anyhow, Cali, I look forward to hearing about your honeymoon. Hehe!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Household6 said...

Man your bf is a lucky man! My landlord is still in the Carribean with 3 months to go! Heaven for bid you don't pay his rent on time because he will call to remind you!

Glad the count day is in the single digits. It sounds funky to me but you are a single digit midget now!

HH6

7:19 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Red6's landlords were super nice too. It was a great change from the horrifying landlords we all had in France. Mine made me pay money to keep food in the fridge. And another friends' outlawed English in her home, even though she was housing a Brit, a Scot, and a Swede. Ah, the French.

10:06 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Actually, you know so many of the Germans I knew were very sweet like that. One of Cole's buddies had a landlord that would leave him six bottles of Heffe (sp?) every now and then. It's always those little things in life that make you smile the most. Happy Valentine's Day (well, belated now) ;)

1:28 PM  
Blogger CoInSide said...

Great way to start my day reading of these acts of kindness. Just wanted you to know, and I hate resorting to pun, that seven days makes one weak.

3:34 PM  
Blogger airforcewife said...

Wow, what great people!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Adrienne Dawn said...

Wow, that's pretty cool. He does have nice landlords!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

They sound like our landlords! We have to make a decision of whether or not we will continue living in our place this summer since both of us will be gone and it's tough. Our landlords are so awesome and our place is great too! Whenever we are gone they always check on our place for us and when I go out in the morning and there is frost on my car they have always scraped my windows off for me!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Oh yeah he does have cool landlords, I remember back in may (?) when you were here, and we had our girls- BBQ ;-) and we had some beer with the landlords downstairs before we finally decided to start having our BBQ before I totally got drunk ..haha. How long is that ago and I still smile about that day!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home