Thursday, June 01, 2006

Reality Check

I was just working at my laptop, prepping for my final written exam this coming Saturday, when a friend of mine currently serving in Iraq came online.

He asked me how I was doing, and just as I typed the word "stressed," I felt so foolish. I had gotten an email from him earlier in the day:

I went to a funeral for ****** the other day and right in the middle of it, 6 more soldiers were blown up a few clicks out. The medevac birds took off from their pad about 150m away and buzzed right overhead out to the PZ. It created an unexpectedly dramatic effect.

I am still doing ok in spite of things.

Um, yeah. My stress seems so petty compared to that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

You could answer... school stress. This puts it in the proper perspective. It's not like what you're doing right now is stress free - it's just not life and death. :-)

My condolences to your friend. *sigh*

10:46 PM  
Blogger airforcewife said...

I know exactly what you mean.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Living Dees Life said...

*hugs*

I hear ya girl. I hear ya. We all have our life stresses. Some a bit more severe (life and death) altho, in all fairness, even school stress can FEEL that way.

Keep your chin up.

3:21 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Second that...

I visited the CNN Iraq page the other day...this was something I used to do quite often but after a while, it got too hard. I would just get too emotional. I still visit every now and then and it still makes my heart ache...I can't wait for all of this to end.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home