Saturday, February 10, 2007

Too Funny

"The Hoohaa Monologues":

A theatre in Florida had to change the title of a charity production of The Vagina Monologues on its marquee, after a woman complained that it was offensive. [...]

Atlantic Theatres in Atlantic Beach, Florida, received a complaint from a woman who'd seen the advertised title as she drove past with her niece. She said that it had made her niece ask her what a vagina was.

Yeah, because with a name like Hoohaa kids won't ask any questions now...

I can understand that parents might be a little disturbed if suddenly "penis" and "vagina" and other words were being flashed at their kids.

But Hoohaa...for me it's almost like calling it Putang or Punani or I don't know what Monolgues...

Hoohaa and Tatas...

*sigh* I will stop being childish and get over this...

8 Comments:

Blogger airforcewife said...

They should have just put a giant yellow BLEEPED sign over the vagina. I'm sure the play creaters would have LOVED it.

Really, I'm not being sarcastic here. I mean that.

2:07 AM  
Blogger KBG said...

Shouldn't she be more concerned that her niece - who can clearly read, so I'm guessing is above the age of 5 or 6 - doesn't know what a vagina is?

8:20 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Okay that's what I was thinking! (referring to kbg's comment) Maybe it's time to have a sit down and explain things the way she prefers them to be explained!

8:35 PM  
Blogger ThatBeeGirl said...

changing the name of the performance defeats its purpose, in my opinion. it's about awareness, not some word substituted for female genatalia!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Billie said...

Glad to see someone was smart enough to see the light! THey changed it back to "vagina" after law students claimed it suppresed women.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/10965683/detail.html

10:36 PM  
Blogger MQ said...

VAGINA!

4:29 AM  
Blogger KC said...

I'm offended, MQ.

It's "hoohaa," please. I don't appreciate such dirty language. :)

8:31 AM  
Blogger Bluesman said...

So when do kids in the US learn about the human body in school and how are vagina and penis called then?
And since when do children live in Florida? I thought the Sunshine State is only for senior citizens.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home