Thursday, October 06, 2005

A broken promise

Today I broke a promise I made to my boyfriend. I got a haircut. I promised him before he left that I wouldn't cut my hair the whole time he was gone. He didn't really care. I just felt I should be sacrificing something too...and I guess split ends was my sacrifice to the war on terror. What else could one expect from a valley girl?

When I sat down the hairdressing chair, my stylist just said: "I wondered what had happened to you. Where were you? The last time you were here you were in a hurry to meet your boyfriend at the train station."

And I just kind of shrugged to the stylist. But that brought back memories. It was my boyfriend's last weekend visiting me. It was the last time I picked him up at the train station before he deployed. Sometimes I feel like time has flown by, and sometimes I think that it goes by at a snail's pace. Moments like that just reinforce how long he has been gone.

2 Comments:

Blogger water life said...

It's in
small things
we find
how deeply
love
has tunneled
into our souls

8:21 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Oh I have nothing to add, but your split ends as a sympathetic gesture just cracked me right up. "What else could one expect from a valley girl" - hee! Too funny.

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home