Thursday, October 06, 2005

A broken promise

Today I broke a promise I made to my boyfriend. I got a haircut. I promised him before he left that I wouldn't cut my hair the whole time he was gone. He didn't really care. I just felt I should be sacrificing something too...and I guess split ends was my sacrifice to the war on terror. What else could one expect from a valley girl?

When I sat down the hairdressing chair, my stylist just said: "I wondered what had happened to you. Where were you? The last time you were here you were in a hurry to meet your boyfriend at the train station."

And I just kind of shrugged to the stylist. But that brought back memories. It was my boyfriend's last weekend visiting me. It was the last time I picked him up at the train station before he deployed. Sometimes I feel like time has flown by, and sometimes I think that it goes by at a snail's pace. Moments like that just reinforce how long he has been gone.

3 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

My fiance and I were talking last night about how long he's been gone, how long he has left. It seems we reminisced on every common memory we have from the last year that's brought us to the 9 month mark we're currently at. Retrospect really does bring into light just how long you've been apart, and I couldn't agree more that sometimes it seems time is flying by and other times, not so much...but we're getting there...

12:59 AM  
Blogger water life said...

It's in
small things
we find
how deeply
love
has tunneled
into our souls

8:21 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Oh I have nothing to add, but your split ends as a sympathetic gesture just cracked me right up. "What else could one expect from a valley girl" - hee! Too funny.

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home