Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Firepower Forward says it best

Okay...I think I might have a little crush on bdelapla from Firepower Forward. I mean, I read the following, and just want to hug the guy:

Now it's been 9 days since the earthquake struck, and most of you have already seen U.S. helicopters providing humanitarian relief there. These are all helicopters that were already in Afghanistan and are now stretching their legs a bit. They are people that you may have read about here before, Task Force Griffin, Sabre, and of course the ever present Big Windy. I can't tell you what kind of mindset it takes to put the war on hold, fly to another country over hostile terrain, and begin working relief efforts with nothing to look forward to but returning to the war.

*Sigh*

He also talks about the helicopter crews who have just arrived, and will be relieving the units currently providing relief in Pakistan:

The most remarkable thing about these people is not that the left their families and homes in Texas with less than 3 days notice, but that they did it for the 3rd time in 4 months. These people are all fresh off the relief efforts of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Now they get the added joy of flying through a combat zone to get to their next humanitarian effort. I never though that I would get the better deal by going to war. At least I know when I'm going home.

It's so easy to be proud of our soldiers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Travel Ohio and beyond said...

Thanks for your note! Glad to see your photo!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Fermina Daza said...

It IS so easy to be so proud of our soldiers. Thanks for the post!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home