Saturday, December 31, 2005

Goodbye 2005!

Last year, I was able to ring in the new year with my boyfriend. This year we are celebrating New Years Eve thousands of miles apart, not to mention 14.5 hours apart. He has already rung in the new year, playing Halo with his buddies in Afghanistan. (Halo seems to be the adult version of the bouncy house: it used to celebrate every occasion...or perhaps every occasion is an excuse to play Halo...I fear there will be an Halo-withdrawel once the guys come home.)

I can remember discussing new years' resolutions with people last year, and I can remember not really being that interested in the discussion since I didn't feel like a new year was beginning for me. For me, it was a rather difficult time leading up to the eventual departure of my boyfriend on his deployment. I felt that my year started at the end of February, and in a way I still feel the same this year. For me this year hasn't been measured from January to December, but rather from the beginning to the end of the deployment. For me, this year is not yet over. For me New Years Eve means that we are on the final stretch of the deployment, we are nearing full-circle.

Last year, I was able to spend the New Year with my boyfriend, but not the rest of 2005. This year I will gladly sacrifice spending New Years Eve with him, to spend most of the rest of 2006 with him.

Happy New Year!

3 Comments:

Blogger kbug said...

Yeah, I know what you mean by the new year not beginning until he returns. Seth's group was told they would probably be gone for 18 months...to plan on that...we'll just have to wait and see. If that's truly the case, though, it will be a VERY long year.

1:45 PM  
Blogger ThatBeeGirl said...

Happy New Year!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Happy New Year! I know exactly what you mean about the skewed year... May this be a wonderful year for both of you, even if it does start in February. *grin*

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home