Friday, January 20, 2006

Holy Chirac!

I nearly choked on my chewing gum when I read the headline: Chirac threatens nuclear attack on states sponsoring terrorism

Um, okay...this is interesting.

In the biggest shift in French nuclear doctrine for 40 years, M. Chirac revealed that the force de frappe - the French nuclear deterrent - had already been reconfigured to allow it to destroy the "power centres" of any state which sponsored a terrorist assault.

So, you touch Paris, you will be reduced to nuclear waste. Bet Afghanistan is thankful that Al-Qaida only attacked the US, whose swift retaliation seems harmless when compared to the nuclear destruction of Kabul.

The journalist hypothosizes that:

President Chirac's motives appear to be a mixture of the personal, the electoral and the strategic. Opinion polls suggest that France no longer regards him as a significant player in world or domestic events, and his speech yesterday appears to be an attempt to thrust himself back into the limelight as an experienced world statesman with a finger on the nuclear button.

Um...wow...I can't wait to see world reaction to that speech. Especially Iran's.

2 Comments:

Blogger Household6 said...

Yeah, I spit my Redbull when I heard it on the way to work this morning! I can't even comment, other than to say that we are horrible people (The US) for invading Iraq, but he can dump a nuc which destroys everything but the cockroach?

HH6

9:52 PM  
Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

Hey Miss Stella!

I have been trying to comment at your site, but I don't think it works.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home