Thursday, January 19, 2006

Tether ball and four square

I was just watching the last scenes of Napoleon Dynamite (I am working at my computer and needed a short distraction and Napoleon's dance scene is perfect for that). And the last scene of the movie where Napoleon is playing tether ball reminded me of elementary school.

I was never good at tether ball, but my best friend at the time was. She and I spent all our time together, except when playing at recess. She was the tether ball queen, while I held my own at four square. I am just remembering all the weird special rules we had at four square, like “stick in the mud” where no one was allowed to move their legs while playing.





What simple games those were, it would be fun to try them again. I think, the next time I see some kids playing four square, I am going to ask if I can play too, (although I can hardly remember the rules).

2 Comments:

Blogger ThatBeeGirl said...

Four square is the best.game.ever.

1:05 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

I love it...hopscotch, 4-square and then games like HORSE...so funny.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home