Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Nerdboy and CaliValleyGirl

Nerdboy is one of my best friends.

Why the nickname? I could give you many examples, like the fact that one of his favorite past-times is to pour over maps, thus quasi memorizing them.

Or that he has an odometer on his bike that he uses all the time, not just for long rides...but to calculate his total distance ridden on his bike (sometime this week it will hit the 25K mark) since he bought it in 1997.

Or that he has a freak-like knowledge of an array of trivia (he will definitely be one of my call-in-jokers if I ever need one).

Basically, Nerdboy is a super-hero.

And I decided that Nerdboy, like every other super-hero, needed his own costume...okay, just a t-shirt.

Fellow Valley Girl, J. gave me the tip. Neighborhoodies.

And since I was making one for him...I thought, well every self-respecting blogger needs to “represent” too.

So Saturday, Nerdboy and I went out to celebrate our new super-hero costumes:


Nerdboy disguised as a run-of-the-mill nerd, his superpowers hidden under his magnificent green t-shirt (that's a Currywurst and Pommes in front of him...yummy stuff...a German fast-food must-try)


And his side-kick, CaliValleyGirl, the blogger!

5 Comments:

Blogger ThatBeeGirl said...

Looks like a great evening out!

2:58 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Okay...so those shirts might beat out my Napoleon t-shirt in the COOL department...maybe. :)

5:34 AM  
Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

Cute shirts...this totally makes me think of something Nicole and I would have done in college and even now! Funny!

6:59 AM  
Blogger LinkedInUSAF Founder said...

Ahhh, currywurst, fries, and a fanta ... memories. Kabobs too! Right from a walk-up window in Neu Isenberg ... hmmm, I can NEVER EXPLAIN the taste and smell to my friends. They just stare at me. :)

Ever had a, hmmm, slang I _think_ is "drekich"? It is alt bier und cocoa cola or fanta ... I prefer it with cola ... two of those and wurst und frites!!!

Never mind, I'm gonna go nuts! :)

9:09 AM  
Blogger Bluesman said...

You could have put on your "I love nerds"-shirt, too. ;-)

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home