Wednesday, February 15, 2006

13 things about me that you might not know just by looking at me

Nicole tagged me!

I think I am pretty transparent sometimes, so I might be saying things that are pretty obvious.


  1. I am messy. So very messy. Housekeeping is not my strong spot. My future husband will have it easy (unless he is a clean freak, and in that case marriage to me will be torture) because I think that the middle of the living room is a perfectly appropriate place to leave socks and shoes. And scarves? They belong draped over the side of the couch. Oh, what couch? The one hidden under that pile of clothes. Also, dust bunnies are special creatures, and they have names at my place...whole colonies...I almost feel bad when I vacuum.
  2. But I can cook. And bake. Baking and cooking are a total passion for me. When I taste something, I try to figure out what is in it, and how it was made. I can taste something as a sum of its parts. It's like, I am Neo, and try to see that the Cooking Matrix.
  3. I am not modest...at all. You probably figured that one out by now.
  4. I am getting my masters in history, but want to drop a potentially lucrative career in academics (heavy sarcasm) to become a baker.
  5. I collect fridge magnets (and my friends and family have picked up on it, and give me magnets too)...and I have no room on my fridge anymore, and the door is probably in danger of falling off from all the additional weight. Which means that my boyfriend's fridge has its own burgeoning collection: Ballet Barbie and Food Poetry.
  6. I have a brown thumb. But won't give up the hope, and constantly have new specimens to try my luck on. My mother gets so upset with the way I treat my plants, you would think they were animals.
  7. I'm a Trekkie. Okay, not a big time Trekkie, but back in the day I was. I even went to one of those conventions. I am not kidding. I even had a Star Trek fan club membership card. Yeah...I was sooo cool, back in the day.
  8. I have dyed my hair all colors known to man...okay, that is a slight exaggeration, but here's a list: purple, green, fuschia (which was so rocking, I would consider doing that again, but I think my bf wouldn't approve), red, orangy red, dark brown and black. But I was in no way a punk. I was just curious. Turns out I look best in my “natural” hair color...blonde.
  9. I was 25 when I got my ears pierced. And one of my best friends had to come hold my hand. After the first hole, I nearly backed out of getting the second one. No, it didn't hurt...but my heart was racing, and it was so stressful. I love having pierced ears. Glad I waited so long.
  10. I met my boyfriend online. We are both from America, but met in Germany...online. Did I mention we met online? Hot or Not, by the way...and yes, he IS hot! Very. *Sigh*
  11. I tease my boyfriend a lot. Too much. It's like I revert to 2nd grade flirting techniques with him. He just does that to me...*double sigh*.
  12. I have lived longer in Germany, than in California...but still consider myself a Valley Girl...like, fer sure!
  13. I am tone deaf. I mean, you do not want me on your team for a game of “what's the song I am humming?” Might as well, pack up and go home, 'cos we WILL lose. And I can't dance. However, alcohol makes me think I CAN dance. But luckily it doesn't give me any bright ideas about singing.

This is fun...so people, do it too! And I look forward to reading your answers.

7 Comments:

Blogger Edward Ott said...

fushia? really fushia.

peace

12:52 AM  
Blogger airforcewife said...

it's so wonderful to know that there are others out there like me who kill all things green.

But not on purpose.

3:52 AM  
Blogger ThatBeeGirl said...

I have a brown thumb, too -- you should see my backyard!

4:24 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

"I tease my boyfriend a lot."

Good - have fun with each other - enjoy yourselves! There's plenty of seriousness to go around in the world. There is no good reason to "grow up" - people who enjoy life, live longer and have more fun in that time. *grin*

Oh and I've seen your pic - I think you'd be beautiful no matter what color your hair is - but yes, blonde does suit you.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Stacy Kaye said...

I also leaves socks anywhere...probably because I can't stand them. My poor husband, who likes to have things picked up but never complains, has to deal with my socks always lying by the couch, on the couch, near the fireplace...pretty much anywhere except IN my laundry basket!

9:48 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

Thanks for playing ;)
The weird thing about me is--one of my neuroses--that I am completely ANAL about keeping the kitchen and bathroom clean but then I leave my stuff all over the house...so maybe I'm not dirty, just cluttered sometimes?? My husband can't get over that...that my shirts can be stacked up on the ironing board (I'll get to it someday) but that I have to disinfect the sink and toilet at least once a week. Hmmm....

11:13 PM  
Blogger Adrienne Dawn said...

I have ALWAYS had a BLACK thumb, but there is hope for you! Last year when we moved into our new house, a friend bought me a plant as a housewarming gift. I knew it wouldn't last long, because I kill all living plants. However, this one was a shamrock, and all I did was water it every 3 days (leaving it on my kitchen windowsill over the sink so I'd see it when it started turning brown) and it has miraculously lived for a whole year! That's a HUGE record for me!

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home