Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Photo Tuesdays

That Bee Girl had a photo post up yesterday that inspired me to share some random snapshots of my own. I guess the theme of this one could be Signs:



My mother and I were having saimin at this family run restaurant, and she started cracking up when she saw what was written on the menu board in the center, towards the bottom. It adds that nagging motherly touch to the whole family restaurant experience.




Hog Busters! Wild boars are a problem in Hawaii, since the hunting of boars has become highly regulated. My mother and I were driving into town one day when we just saw one snuffling at the edge of the road. But I love the small-town charm of this sign.




Sign in front of the Pantheon in Rome. My favorite is the 5th one down...apparently they have a problem with people going in there and lying down on the floor.

Also seen in Rome: Nothing to do with signs, but have you ever seen a car with so much bird poop on it?

3 Comments:

Blogger nicole said...

Have you become acquainted with the wild boars in Germany?? I'm laughing remembering driving on the windy country roads in between BIG DARK FORESTED AREA and BIG DARK FORESTED AREA...wondering the whole way about all those wild boars that must be running around "in there"...ha ha. Or...the time my friend and I stumbled upon a farmer who was "draining" a boar in his yard...yummy.

5:59 PM  
Blogger ThatBeeGirl said...

When I lived on Maui, it was en vogue to have pot bellied pigs as pets, so before I read your caption, I thought the bit about the boars was going to be about pigs.

But I digress, as usual.

What's the deal with sleeping people at the Pantheon?!

1:45 AM  
Blogger Jennie said...

OMG the bird poop car cracked me UP!!! The owner of that car must have seriously done something anti-bird to deserve such venom!

Reminds me of being in Mexico recently, and I was sitting on the balcony feeding leftover chips to the seagulls. I was amused at how they catch them in mid-air and chomp them down, just like Rufus does. After the basket was empty, one of them screamed his head off at me, flapping his angry wings in disgust, and promptly crapped on my flip-flop! Ingrates!

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home