Thursday, February 23, 2006

Now it is almost comical...

So he was supposed to come home tomorrow.

And although he was supposed to have already come home on a few other dates for the past week or so, I actually kind of held onto this one...let me put it this way: I vacuumed.

And I finally finished some translating work that had been eating up my time.

And I planted some seeds that I had been meaning on doing this last week, to prepare for his balcony cases in spring.

And I didn't even watch one episode of CSI.

I was actually productive.

I was so convinced he might be back tomorrow, I emailed his family, and got them all worked up too. And I got an email back from his mother saying she was so excited she was weepy...

And then I got an email from my boyfriend, and although I am usually happy to get an email from him, the sight of it in my inbox made my stomach fall...if he was emailing me, that meant he wasn't waiting to fly out of there just yet:

"Sorry, babe, dates changed again. "

So, Plan B for Friday night: Caiparihnas and an evening with Nick Stokes and Gil Grissom. Last chances for my secret single behavior!

8 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Which set is he in? My son is on chalk 6. I was at Sieg's and he's livid over the constant delays. Can't say I blame him - it's gotten well past ridiculous and into surreal.

Even I'm ready to scream - and not only am I not stuck in Afghanistan... I won't even be there when they get back to Germany. *grin*

5:39 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

So when you reach for the Lysol and Fantastic, we will know that he's definitely on his way?? Ha ha...just kidding...I always had to laugh because right before the guys came home, everyone seemed to be scrurrying around, trying to get their homes in perfect shape...and I always thought, "but your husbands/boyfriends KNOW what it usually looks like." HA ha...too funny.

6:06 PM  
Blogger ThatBeeGirl said...

Yikes, another delay?! Sorry to hear that!

1:40 AM  
Blogger Fermina Daza said...

I'm taking notes so that when I'm in your shoes, I will remember that I am not alone.

I've told dh not to tell me he's coming home until he's touching down at the airfield.

I don't do disappointment well at all.


- hfs

1:47 AM  
Blogger Only $19.95 said...

DAMN IT!

4:15 AM  
Blogger Household6 said...

Booo! That sucks, well okay you did plant flowers and that is cool!

Just keep smiling, you are almost there.

HH6

7:34 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Aw crap. Well, hang in there.

Last night was our season premiere of CSI and I freaking forgot to tape it. I was so mad at myself. Ugh.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Day by Day said...

Dang it!!!! Dang it!!! Dang it!!! Hang in there!!!

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home